A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Psalm 19:1

Psalm 19:1

"The heavens declare the glory of God;
And the firmament shows His handiwork.
"

The air was a cool 72 degrees. The sun was filtering through the mimosa trees and the wind chimes were tinkling lightly. I was sitting in Pop's new swing. My legs were pumping back and forth like a child on a swing-set.

I was struck with the pure beauty of it all.

I didn't actually think the words "This is a perfect moment for singing God's praises" but it WAS such a moment. So...I sang: Blues skies, Lower lights, Marching to Zion and a few others.

As I sang the last line of Jesus is Love,

"He was born to die on Calvary
To redeem all lost humanity.
Conquering death, He rose triumphantly.
Now He reigns for all eternity!"

the winds picked up and the branches swayed and the wind chimes chimed a ferocious and beautiful song--as if all of them understood and agreed with the words I was singing and wanted to join in singing the praises with me.

It was a lovely, lovely moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )