A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Buna Pride





I was taking pictures around Buna because the air is cool and cloudy and lovely. I stopped at the VA War Memorial and found Pop's name chiseled on the black stone. In addition to his name were the names of five other Whiteheads in Buna. I didn't recognize all the names as being his brothers, but I imagine they were cousins. If Pop was one of 12, I bet his parents had plenty of siblings, too. To me, it just says something about the kind of people Pop comes from. In a town of 2,000, six people in one family all sacrificed years of their lives to serve their nation. How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )