A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Friday, November 5, 2010

Flag Friday



If you're a regular reader, you've heard of my internet friend, Irene, who writes a blog entitled The Green Greek. Well, one of the things which is really cool about her is that she finds ways to communicate on a regular basis with her regular readers. (for example, me!) Here is what I've seen so far:

Sunday-Simple Woman's Day Book.
Monday-Mellow Yellow Monday.
Tuesday-Tuesday Garden Party.
Wednesday-Wordless Wednesday (Lisa Kennedy does this also)
Thursday-Thankful Thursday.
Friday-Skywatch Friday.
Saturday-I haven't noticed anything about Saturdays yet, but maybe I'm not paying attention.

I'd really like to have set reasons to have to write. Ya know, as if I have a commitment to y'all to put something up in my little areas. So, I'll try to work up several things every week so that I have to "communicate" with y'all every day. Here is what I've come up with so far:

Sunday--I actually like the Simple Woman's Day Book. I feel like it is nice to be able to write about things I'm feeling every week and be able to look back--say, next year--and see what I thought at this same week last year, ya know? So, I'll be "borrowing" simple woman's day book from Irene for Sundays.
Monday-I like Mellow Yellow Monday, too. Though I can't wear it, I LOVE the color yellow. Yellow is such a bright and cheery color! It makes me happy. Especially yellow flowers. Those particular items of God's creation really make me content, even if it is just for a moment. That being the case, I will pass on the happiness on a regular basis!
Tuesday- Dunno yet. If you have any ideas, pass 'em on!
Wordless Wednesday--I can try that idea, too. Although if ya have any ideas...
Thursday-????? Maybe Thankful, but again, ideas.....?
Friday--Flag Friday. Y'all know much I have come to really like those things. Being a veteran of the United States military, I've always loved 'em, but since moving to South East Texas, I've seen them all over the place and they just seem to add to the way that this place seems saturated with "Americana."
Saturday--again, ideas are welcome.


So--about today's flag: Pop and I went walking! He NEVER wants to go, but he kept saying that he wanted to take the dog on a walk. And it is nice and lovely and cool and wonderful outside, so I put down my brand new guitar, put on some shoes and we put Snow White on a leash and went on a constitutional. I enjoyed it all except for the way Snow kept pulling at her leash so much that she was making herself choke ! (ARRggghhhhhh!!) So, we were walking and I saw this flag which had--somehow--managed to convince the sun to hide behind her. I just thought it looked so great! Hope y'all enjoy it, too. :)

1 comment:

  1. Takes consistent effort, and dogs can be trained to heel so that they don't pull on the leash. Most dog owners don't bother. And it is a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )