A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Family Ties










I went on an errand to Randall's last Thanksgiving afternoon. On my way back to Aunt Nona's house, I passed a park where these kids were playing football. I suddenly remembered the way that I and my siblings and cousins used to play games in the street after thanksgiving dinner when we were all young.
We lived on a sleepy street. We didn't get much traffic so it was easy to play without having to worry about getting run over by cars. I had completely forgotten how we used to do the same thing these kids were doing Thursday. Now, those of us who used to play at our house range from 37 to 48 so we don't really play games after dinner anymore. Mostly we nap, watch old Law and Order episodes or something on HGN.
Part of me misses those fun and cold, athletic afternoons. Of course, another very large part of me doesn't miss them at all. Naps are good after all, yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )