A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Things that are cool about Pop, # 21

A commercial came on the t.v. on which the actress said "I don't lie about my age, but my skin does." Pop had been over on the other side of the room looking out the window. As he walked over to his chair to sit down, he asked me "Did that lady say she doesn't lie about her age?"
I replied, "Yeah, Pop, she said that SHE didn't lie about her age, but that her skin did. She was trying to say that the product made her look younger."
I thought about the situation for a moment and then I said, "Pop, it's like this: Sometimes you look younger than you are. Like me, Pop--how old do you think I look?"
I asked the question because--usually--people guess me several years younger than I actually am.
He smiled at me and said, "Well, I don't think I'm going to get involved in that one."
I laughed and said, "No, Pop, I won't be angry. I was just trying to make a point. What do you think? 40? 35? 30?"
I waited while he looked up and to his left (which--by the way--is the direction people look when they're lying!) and paused for several moments and then--with a grin--he said, "How 'bout 22?"
I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

2 comments:

  1. These are always my favorite posts! I always end up with a grin reading "Things that are cool about Pop." Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That man knows where his next meal is coming from. lol

    ReplyDelete

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )