A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Monday, November 22, 2010

Harry Potter Night

I've been to every Harry Potter film since the 4th one (I think). I'm used to a certain kind of atmosphere in the air. I usually get to the theatre and there are already lines of people standing or sitting, waiting to be admitted to the theatre. Thankfully, I've always been early enough to get a pretty decent seat. Usually, there are people dressed up in costume. I normally wear my black shoes, blue knee socks, green, blue, and red plaid skirt, long sleeve white button down, blue sleeveless v-neck knitted sweater, and Gryffindor tie. My skirt hasn't been fitting lately so I wore jeans instead of the skirt and pink penguin socks instead of the blue knees socks.
What is crazy is that I was first in line! And I didn't even get there until 10:00. I was amazed. I had presumed that there would be a ton of people in costumes of whom I could take pictures. As you can see from the following photos, there were not. I took the most interesting pictures I could considering what I was given!
Additionally, I liked the movie. It was good, but it wasn't REALLY GREAT like they usually are. I wonder if that had something to do with the lack of excitement in the air because of the lack of lines and costumes and friends being together talking of the book. It was almost as if a Dementor was hanging out in the back alley of the theatre and making things a little less exciting and happy as the previous movies had been. Hmmmmmmmmm. Something to think about, yeah?











This is a snap of part of the HP7 film. It looked so cool. They used an animated scene to illustrate the story of the three brothers and the three deathly hallows.










A member of the theatre staff helping put up the Christmas Tree.















The whole theatre staff in front of the tree.














A friend I made whilst waiting for the film to start. He and his sister were the first ones to arrive at the theatre, after me. We sat in the back row of the theatre for nearly a half hour before people started coming.










Robert helped me scan my old photos at Walmart. We had a nice conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )