A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Thursday, November 18, 2010

A rant about the whiny baby, John Tyner

I'm sure many people have heard all about the man in the California airport who refused to use any of the screening methods the airport had set up at the gates. Not only did he refuse the new full body scanner (which he has a right to do) but also he refused to allow the alternative method to be used on him.

Just after the security worker explained the method which would be used to physically "scan" him, the man replied with something akin to this statement, "Sure, you can do the scan, but if you touch my "junk", I'll have you arrested." It was at this point that the security man called his supervisor and a whole hullabaloo was started.

I want to say to this man: Ummm, Dude? Do you really think the security guy wanted to cop a feel? Do you not understand that he was trying to secure your safety and the safety of the many other unimportant (to you, it seems) people who were walking around the airport at the same time you were? All you could think about was that YOUR "privacy" was going to be violated. These machines and procedures were instituted so that America's enemies will be less able to harm her. Do you happen to know why these new machines and procedures were put into place? Perhaps not, or you'd probably have a different attitude. Last December, an al-Qaida operative made it onto a Chicago bound plane with explosives in his underwear. You know--around his "junk"? Luckily for everyone else, there was a malfunction and he was the only one injured. That operative made it through the old-style security screening and would have--if his bomb hadn't malfunction--succeeded in blowing up an entire airplane full of innocent people who were guilty only of being normal, regular, everyday Americans.

If you, Mr. Aiport Rebel, have nothing you're hiding in your "junk", then why in the world are you worrying? I--personally--think you ought to be ashamed of yourself. The fact that you video taped everything, made it very clear that you intended--before you even started out that day--to cause trouble. I read your article. You were clear, Dude. He asked questions and had a tone of voice that would have gotten me a look--or a slap--from my Momma if I was still a teenageer. He also didn't take his belt off the first time and asked twice about whether or not he needed to take it off. Why not be obedient the first time is my question. The security officials were all polite to him while explaining the procedure. He continued to discuss the situation with the security people, claiming that he was being sexually molested and assaulted and "felt up".
Another thing he kept saying was "I've seen a million people going through the metal detectors. I'm WILLING to go through that level of security, but I'm not going through the x-ray machine and I'm not being sexually assaulted." He thinks he is being treated wrongly, but the primary mode of security is now the soft tissue imaging machine. The alternative method is the pat-down. Just going through the metal detector isn't an option any more. So, what he is "willing" to do isn't worth much since it doesn't follow the rules. Clearly, he thinks he is more important than EVERY OTHER person who was trying to board a flight that day. Clearly he thinks he is above the rules and regulations that all airplane passengers must obey.
At one point during the video, he can be heard saying "Sorry for the hassle." THAT was an outright LIE. He isn't sorry for the hassle at all. He PURPOSED to cause hassle. And now, he is rallying a whole bunch of people to insist on the pat down on the day before Thanksgiving, so as to cause more hassle and "teach a lesson" to the TSA. What about all the other innocent people who will miss their flights because of the "activist's" shenanigans? They'll miss their flights and will not be able to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with their family. What a shame. I think--perhaps--John needs a spanking. Seriously.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know, at some point, there does need to be some privacy. When my friend flew here to Thailand from Dallas, she had to be patted down because they couldn't get a clear picture on the machines. They went under her bra and made her pull her skirt up so they could get into her crotch area...in front of the whole airport and those waiting in line. I know there are some people who try to sneak stuff in their underwear, but to me it seems we're losing more and more of our privacy for the sake of that one person in 10 million who has an evil intent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The airport officials are supposed to offer a private security check. I'm not exactly sure why they didn't offer it to your friend.
    I would have been upset if what happened to your friend happened to me. I think I would have asked for a private forum if they wanted to look up my skirt though. Yikes!
    Thank you for both of your comments.
    <3
    Loralee ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )