A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Irene's Mellow Yellow, # 2



For my friend Irene, I took these pictures. She has a series wherein she takes pictures of yellow things and posts them on Monday. I'm sure you're noticing that I am posting this, and--it isn't Monday! Well, I won't be imposing the Monday restrictions on my yellow photos, and I might not even have a Mellow Yellow photo every week. I'll just do it when I'm am inspired to do so. I hope y'all enjoy them as much as Irene and I do! :)

The first picture is really more of a "Mellow Orange" cos it is a picture of mums colored to look like Autumn and some persimmons that the preacher's wife, Kelly, gave me. Later this week, after the persimmons ripen, I'll try to make persimmon-orange zest cookies. We'll see how that works out. If it does, I'll write a blog about it and include
the recipe and some pictures.

The second picture captured a large baker's rack full of multi-hued flowers at the local hardware/garden center. There are purple flowers surrounding this bunch of yellow, but mainly the yellow is bright and front and center. Beautiful! Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )